Dana to Abandon Flamant-1 Offshore Mauritania
Drilling and wireline logging have now been completed on the Flamant-1 exploration well in Block 8, offshore Mauritania.
Although the well discovered the prognosed extensive carbonate section, the well did not encounter commercial quantities of hydrocarbons. However, there were indications of gas whilst drilling the approximately 1,150m thick carbonate primary target. In addition, gas bearing intervals were encountered during the drilling of a shallower section of the well, which indicates there is mature hydrocarbon source rock in this area. The extensive information acquired from the well, which includes rock samples and pressure data, will now be fully evaluated before determining the most appropriate forward plan for the block.
The discovery of the presence of a major carbonate sequence, together with the indications of hydrocarbons, provides encouragement to explore the significant remaining potential of Block 8, which covers a very large area of approximately 11,797 square kilometers.
Following the completion of abandonment operations on Flamant-1, the Atwood
Hunter drilling rig will move to Block 7, offshore Mauritania to drill the Dana
operated Aigrette well.
- Ensco Acquires Atwood Oceanics, Lays Off Staff (Oct 10)
- Atwood Oceanics Offshore Employees in Australia Agree to New EBA (Aug 23)
- Transocean, Atwood Oceanics Lay Off 200 Offshore Workers in Texas (Feb 06)
Company: Dana Petroleum more info
- Dana Petroleum Raises Concerns Over EnQuest North Sea Discovery (Jul 05)
- SDX Energy Quits Cameroon Concession In 'Sensible' Move (Jun 16)
- Denmark Issues 16 Oil, Gas Licenses (Apr 06)