Total Acquires Interest in Colombia's Niscota Block
A consortium comprising Total (50%), Hocol (operator, 20%, subsidiary of Maurel & Prom), and Talisman (30%) has been awarded the exploration rights for the Niscota Block in Colombia.
The 623-square-kilometer block is located approximately 180 kilometers northeast of Bogota in the Llanos basin, where major oil finds have already been made.
The partners are planning to conduct exploration operations in 2007.
Total has been active in Colombia for many years through subsidiary TEPMA, which holds its interests in the Cusiana and Cupiagua fields (Total, 19%). The fields' liquids are exported to the coast through the Ocensa pipeline (Total, 15.2%), while the gas is sold to the domestic market, mainly in Bogota.
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: Hocol more info
- Hocol, Total Find Gas Condensate Field Onshore Colombia (Jun 03)
- Maurel & Prom Inks Final Agreement for Sale of Hocol Colombia (May 28)
- Talisman Confirms Gas Condensate Discovery Onshore Colombia (May 20)