Norsk Hydro Gets Go Ahead for Haltenbanken Exploration Drilling
Norsk Hydro Produksjon a.s has received consent to carry out exploration drilling with the semisub, Transocean Winner on Haltenbanken off the coast of Mid-Norway.
Hydro's application for consent covers drilling of exploration well 6507/11-7 in the Trondelag I area. This well is part of production license 263.
The expected start date for the drilling activity is around September 20, 2006. The activity is expected to last for about 40 days.
Hydro has previously secured consent to exploration drilling and use of Transocean Winner on Fram. Well 6507/11-7 will be drilled after drilling of well 35/11-14 S is concluded.
Transocean Winner is a third generation semisub GVA-4000 designed rig, built in 1983 at Gotaverken Arendal in Gothenburg, Sweden.
The Transocean Winner received the PSA's Acknowledgement of Compliance (AoC) in August 2006.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sentry Petroleum Appoints Former Norsk Hydro Analyst to Board of Directors (Dec 29)
- Hydro Under Investigation for Former Libya Oil Operations (Oct 07)
- SeaBird First Contract Award for SeaBed Operations (Apr 28)
Company: Transocean Ltd. more info
Manages 46 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)