Downlands-4 Hits Gas Target
The Downlands-4 appraisal/production well reached the total depth of 1873 meters in the basement. Interpretation of wireline logs indicates approximately 4 meters of net gas pay within the interval from 1836 – 1841 meters in the primary target Tinowon Sandstone. Gas shows of up to 368 units and 5-10% yellow white fluorescence with milky blue white cut were recorded while drilling through this interval. Wireline logs also show that the Tinowon Sandstone is approximately 5 meters updip from the Downlands-2 and Downlands East-1 producing wells which are located 1.6 km to the SW and 1.1 km to the east respectively from Downlands-4.
Based on similarities with other producing wells in the area, the well will not be flow tested and the forward plan is to run 5-1/2" production casing and suspend the well as a future Tinowon Sandstone gas producer. The rig will be released to Sunshine Gas as part of the rig sharing agreement between Mosaic, Ausam and Sunshine Gas.
Downlands-4 will be completed for production by Ensign Workover Rig 5 within the next four weeks.
Downlands-4 is the first well of Ausam's three well PL 119 and ATP 471P Bainbilla Block Farmin Stage 1
program. Ausam will fund the first $1.5 million of the Downlands-4 well costs and then contribute prorated
interest for any costs above $1.5 million.
- Santos Seen Luring More Bids After Rejecting $7.2 Billion Offer (Nov 16)
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
- Australia Plans LNG Export Limits to Help Ease Local Price Pain (Apr 27)
Company: Mosaic Oil more info
- O&G Exploration Bonanza: 9 Offshore Taranaki Permits Awarded (Sep 24)
- Mosaic, Vicpet Shake on Queensland Farm-In Programs (Jun 12)
- Hurricane Classified as a New Field Oil & Gas Discovery (Jul 23)