Gujarat Energy Minister: Decision on GSPC Partner in 3-4 Months
NEW DELHI Sep 14, 2006 (Dow Jones Newswires)
Gujarat State Petroleum Corp., or GSPC, will take a final decision on a partner for its natural gas field off India's eastern coast within the next four months, Saurabh Dalal, minister for energy for the western Gujarat state, said Thursday.
"It will take at least three to four months. GSPC is an independent company, but it will come to us for the final decision," Dalal told Dow Jones Newswires.
GSPC is looking for a partner which will buy up to 30% stake in its gas discovery in India's Krishna-Godavari basin.
GSPC is a wholly-owned enterprise of the Gujarat state government. The company is involved in domestic oil and gas exploration ventures.
A GSPC executive said four companies have been shortlisted to partner the company in developing the gas find.
"The companies we have shortlisted are BP PLC (BP), BG Group PLC (BRG), Chevron Corp. (CVX) and Italy's Eni SpA (E)," said the executive.
As many as 11 companies had initially shown interest in buying a stake in the GSPC gas discovery.
"We lack technical expertise. More than the financial strength of the partner, we are looking at a company which can bring in technological expertise," said the executive.
GSPC struck gas in the Krishna-Godavari basin in June 2005, where it estimates reserves to be around 20 trillion cubic feet.
Copyright (c) 2006 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- BP Chairman Svanberg to Retire; Search Starts for Successor (Oct 19)
- BP Midstream Partners Seeks To Raise Up To $893MM In IPO (Oct 16)
- BP, Azerbaijan's SOCAR To Sign Caspian Sea Exploration Deal In 2017 (Oct 12)
Company: BG Group more info
- Shell Mulls LNG-Hub Network as Use by Ships and Trucks Expands (Jul 11)
- Tanzania Laws Would Allow Govt to Tear Up Mining, Energy Deals (Jun 29)
- Despite Cuts, Big Oil to Expand Production into the 2020s (Sep 05)
Company: Chevron Corporation more info
- Canada's Keyera Signs Pact With Chevron To Transport, Store NGL (Oct 10)
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Petrofac Extends North Sea Contract with Chevron (Oct 05)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Eni Looks To Strengthen Ties With Rosneft, Maybe In LNG (Oct 19)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Eni Inks Cooperation Deal With China's CNPC (Sep 13)
Company: Gujarat State Petroleum Corp. more info
- Oilex Progressing Work Plan to Unlock Gas Resources in India's Cambay Block (Jun 27)
- Oilex Commences Gas Production from Bhandut Field in Gujarat, India (Apr 08)
- GeoGlobal Updates ANK 41-S Drilling In India (Dec 22)