Aker Kvaerner Awarded Subsea Contract from Petrobras
Aker Kvaerner has been awarded a contract to supply subsea trees to Brazil's national oil company Petrobras. The contract has a value of approximately US $12 million.
The scope of work comprises three mudline dual-bore christmas trees designed to 250 meters (820 feet) water depth, with associated tools. The christmas trees will be deployed in the Peroa phase II field, located in Espirito Santo basin offshore Brazil. The engineering phase of this contract starts immediately in Houston. Deliveries are to be completed from Aker Kvaerner's facility in Curitiba, Brazil, for delivery in the next 12 months.
"This award sets a new path for close cooperation with Petrobras in the mudline christmas trees segment, enhancing Aker Kvaerner's established position as a of strong supplier of christmas trees in Brazil," says Marcelo Taulois, President Aker Kvaerner Subsea in Brazil.
Aker Kvaerner has extensive experience delivering subsea trees in Brazil, having delivered more than 130 subsea christmas trees to Petrobras since the start of operations in Brazil.
The agreement is signed between Aker Kvaerner Subsea Brazil and Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.
- Kvaerner Sees Rising Revenues, Better Margins in 4Q (Feb 14)
- Reliance Fires Up Gas Production from India's KG-D6 Block (Apr 02)
- Sonardyne Snags Life-of-Field Contract for Petrobras' Cascade, Chinook (Feb 18)
Company: Petrobras more info
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Exxon's Big Bet on Brazil Oil Could Signal Major Pre-salt Role (Sep 29)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)