Seadrill Secures Two New Tender Rig Contracts
Seadrill has been awarded a contract by Chevron for extension of the production drilling assignment for the self-erecting tender rig T4. The contract extension has a duration of five years. The estimated contract value is approximately US $156 million. The commencement of the new contract is scheduled for second quarter 2008 following a five-year survey after completion of the current contract. T4 is currently operating offshore Thailand.
The self-erecting tender rig T11 currently under construction at MMHE in Malaysia has been awarded a five-year contract by Chevron for operations in Thailand. The contract is expected to commence in July 2008 following delivery from the yard. The estimated contract value is US $203 million.
- Canada's Keyera Signs Pact With Chevron To Transport, Store NGL (Oct 10)
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Petrofac Extends North Sea Contract with Chevron (Oct 05)
Company: Seadrill Ltd more info
- Seadrill's Debt Overhaul Faces Creditor Scrutiny (Oct 02)
- Seadrill Files for Bankruptcy in Bid to Shrink Debt Burden (Sep 13)
- Seadrill Warns Again Of Chapter 11 As Extends $14B Debt Talks (Jul 26)