Salta Receives 10 Bids for E&P of 6 Hydrocarbons Areas
Argentine province Salta's mining and energy resources department on Tuesday morning received a combined 10 bids for the E&P of six hydrocarbons areas, an engineer from the department told BNamericas.
Salta is tendering the following areas: Hickman, Tartagal Oriental, Chirete, Morillo, La Union and Malvala. The areas cover the departments of Anta, Rivadavia and San Martin.
A consortium of Argentine oil company Tecpetrol and Brazil's federal energy company Petrobras (NYSE: PBR) presented an offer for the Hickman area.
Tecpetrol, Petrobras and US oil company Occidental (NYSE: OXY) each submitted bids for the Tartagal Oriental area.
The following presented bids for the Chirete area: US oil company Cliveden, a consortium of Oxy and Chinese oil company JHP as well as a consortium of the local YPF subsidiary of Spain's Repsol YPF (NYSE: REP), Argentine oil company Pluspetrol and Canadian oil company Gran Tierra.
Korean oil company Petroterra was the only bidder for the Morillo, La Union and Malvala areas.
The province initially sold 34 sets of bidding rules when the tender was launched. The province's mining and energetic resources department will open economic bids on October 23.
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 7-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Exxon's Big Bet on Brazil Oil Could Signal Major Pre-salt Role (Sep 29)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
Company: Occidental Petroleum more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Buyers Eye Sinopec's Argentina Oil Assets in Sale Worth Up to $1B - Sources (Oct 09)
- Occidental Petroleum's Profit Beats As Prices For Chemicals Jump (Aug 02)
- Hess To Sell Permian EOR Assets To Occidental For $600 Million (Jun 19)
Company: Tecpetrol more info
- Union Leader: Argentina's Tecpetrol To Invest $2.3B In Vaca Muerta (Mar 23)
- Pluspetrol to Invest $500M in Peru Natgas Block (Aug 04)
- PetroNova Relinquishes CPO-6 Interest (Jul 05)