Libris-1 Exploration Well to be Plugged
Tap Oil says that the Libris-ST1, located in the northern portion of permit WA-246-P in the Dampier sub-basin, had been drilled to a total measured depth of 3,481m and is currently being plugged and abandoned.
Interpretation of wireline logs indicates a sub-economic oil discovery in the primary objective Angel Formation. The well will be plugged and abandoned.
Information from this discovery will be used to further assess the prospectivity of Tap's interests in the area.
WA-246-P Joint Venture Participants are Apache as operator with 45%; Tap (Harriet) Pty Ltd with 10%; Kufpec Australia Pty Ltd with 20%; Santos (Globe) Pty Ltd with 15%; Pan Pacific Petroleum NL with 10%.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Ancala Acquires Apache's Two North Sea Gas Pipeline Assets (Nov 20)
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)