Minor Leak on Bideford Dolphin
About 50 cubic meters of oil-based mud and base oil leaked onto the seabed from the drilling rig Bideford Dolphin late Saturday.
The leak occurred because of a break in a pipe during drilling. The well has been secured and there is no danger of further emissions.
The emergency preparedness organization and containment resources have been mobilized. No oil has been observed on the surface, and the area will be checked regularly. The incident will be investigated.
The Bideford Dolphin is owned by Fred Olsen Energy asa, but is working for Hydro in the Oseberg area.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sentry Petroleum Appoints Former Norsk Hydro Analyst to Board of Directors (Dec 29)
- Hydro Under Investigation for Former Libya Oil Operations (Oct 07)
- SeaBird First Contract Award for SeaBed Operations (Apr 28)
Company: Dolphin Drilling more info
Manages 7 Offshore Rigs
- Anadarko Terminates Drilling Contract for Belford Dolphin Drillship (Mar 16)
- Cairn Postpones Spanish Point Drill Due to Rig Delays (Jul 09)
- Newbuild Bolette Dolphin Drillship Unveils in South Korea (Jun 20)