Norway's PSA Maintains Decision to Allow Eni to Drill in the Barents Sea
Natur og Ungdom and Bellona (NUB) submitted an appeal to the Norwegian Pollution Control Authority (SFT) regarding the SFT's decision of July 5, 2006 on discharge permits. NUB did not submit an appeal to the Petroleum Safety Authority Norway (PSA) regarding the PSA's consent decision of July 5, 2006. However, it proved that NUB's appeal to the SFT also applies to factors which fall under the PSA's sphere of authority.
The PSA has submitted comments to the Ministry of Labor and Social Inclusion (AID), which makes the formal determination regarding the appeal. The PSA's conclusion is that we maintain our consent decision.
At the same time, the SFT has submitted its comments to the Ministry of the Environment (MD). The SFT also recommends that the discharge permit be upheld.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Eni Looks To Strengthen Ties With Rosneft, Maybe In LNG (Oct 19)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Eni Inks Cooperation Deal With China's CNPC (Sep 13)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)