NPD Okays Eni's Drilling Permit for Well 7122/7-4 S
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted Eni Norge AS drilling permission for wellbore 7122/7-4 S, production license 229.
Wellbore 7122/7-4 S will be drilled from the drilling facility Polar Pioneer. The drilling program for wellbore 7122/7-4 S concerns drilling of an appraisal well on the 7122/7-1 Goliat discovery in production license 229.
The oil discovery 7122/7-1 Goliat lies in its entirety within production license 229 between the Snohvit field and Hammerfest. The reservoir is sandstone from the Late Triassic to Mid-Jurrasic ages and lies about 1100 meters below sea level. The discovery consists of a number of structural segments near the Troms-Finnmark fault.
The licensees in the permit are Det Norske Oljeselskap AS, Statoil ASA and Eni Norge AS. Their ownership interests are 15, 20 and 65 % respectively. Eni Norge AS is the operator.
The permit is granted on the condition that all other permits and consents required by the authorities have been granted prior to commencement of the drilling activities.
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- Italy Prosecutors Probe Eni For Tax Evasion At Refineries (Nov 22)
- Officials: BP, Eni Interested In Developing Iraq's Majnoon Oilfield (Nov 20)
- Eni's Giant Gas Field Prompts Egypt to End Imports in 2018 (Nov 15)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)