Total Says KF Gas Field to Begin Production in Late 2007
Total E&P Nederland B.V. has begun development of a new gas field in block K5, known as K5F, located in the Dutch sector of the North Sea, approximately 110 kilometers northwest of Den Helder.
Total E&P Nederland B.V. is the Operator of this field. Its partners are Energie Beheer Nederland B.V., Goal Petroleum (Netherlands) B.V., Dyas B.V. and Lundin Netherlands B.V.
This K5F development will be produced via two sub-sea production installations and will see the first worldwide implementation of all electrical Xmas trees. This new breakthrough technology brings about increased production system availability, improved operational functionality and enhanced environmental performance, and is expected to benefit new developments by Total E&P Nederland B.V. in the Dutch North Sea.
The produced gas will be exported via a new 10 kilometer long, 8 inch diameter sub-sea pipeline, which will be connected to the existing K6N satellite platform. Treatment of the gas will take place at the K6 gas treatment facility.
Production is planned to start late 2007 and will reach around 2.6 million cubic meters of gas per day.
The K5F project strengthens the position of Total E&P Nederland B.V., a 100 % affiliate of Total S.A., as a major player in the Dutch E&P industry.
- Total CEO: US Shale Oil Industry To See Wave Of Investment (Oct 18)
- Total's CEO Says Will Try To Move Ahead With Iran Gas Project (Oct 17)
- Total Expands Presence in Mexico (Oct 12)
Company: Lundin Petroleum AB more info
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Lundin Board Proposes Malaysia, France, Netherlands Asset Spin Off (Feb 13)
- Swedish Oil Firm Lundin Sees Output More Than Doubling Next Decade (Feb 01)
- Lundin's Development Expenditure to Top $1B in 2017 (Jan 19)