Aker Kvaerner Wins Subsea Contract from Sonangol
Sonangol Pesquisa e Producao S.A. has signed a letter of intent with Aker Kvaerner for supply of the subsea production system at the Block 4/05 - Gimboa field offshore Angola in West Africa. The total contract value for Aker Kvaerner is approximately US $68 million.
The scope of work for Aker Kvaerner Subsea covers project management, engineering, manufacturing, testing, delivery and installation support for the Gimboa subsea production system.
"We are proud to be awarded this contract with Sonangol, the national oil company of Angola, where we will use our already well-proven subsea production system technology. This will be the first offshore field Sonangol is developing as operator and will further strengthen the already good relationship between the two companies. We consider this contract to be of strategic importance to the growth of our activity in Angola," says Raymond Carlsen, executive vice president of Aker Kvaerner Subsea.
Aker Kvaerner has a long track record of projects in Angola, and has built up a well equipped base and supplier network to do a substantial part of the work in the country.
The subsea equipment will be installed at a water depth of 700 meters at the Gimboa field about 80 kilometers offshore the coast of Angola in West Africa.
- Kvaerner Sees Rising Revenues, Better Margins in 4Q (Feb 14)
- Reliance Fires Up Gas Production from India's KG-D6 Block (Apr 02)
- Sonardyne Snags Life-of-Field Contract for Petrobras' Cascade, Chinook (Feb 18)
Company: Sonangol more info
- Buyers Eye Sinopec's Argentina Oil Assets in Sale Worth Up to $1B - Sources (Oct 09)
- US Oil Firm Cobalt Files For Arbitration Against Angola For $2B (May 12)
- US Firm Cobalt Threatens Arbitration Over Angolan Oil Assets (Apr 03)