Grove Energy Spuds Boar Prospect in Romania
Grove Energy reports that drilling operations have commenced at the Boar prospect, located in the South Craiova Concession (40% Grove), on August 29, 2006. Boar is the first of a planned three well drilling program over the coming 6 months.
The Boar prospect (officially named the 2942-Piscu Sadovei) is located in the south eastern part of South Craiova in Romania. The drilling campaign started on August 29th and will last approximately 40 days. The Boar prospect was selected by Sterling Resources Limited (Operator) from an interpretation of 2D seismic data shot earlier this year. The well is designed to test several reservoir objectives ranging from the Cretaceous to the Triassic and the primary target is located at 2,000 meters.
Once the Boar well is completed Grove will have earned its 40 % interest in South Craiova. Grove's share of the well cost is estimated at C$1.6 million.
A further 250 km of 2D seismic will also be shot in the Goshawk Region of the South Craiova Concession. The seismic program is designed to refine the interpretation of several large structural features located in an area previously devoid of modern seismic.
- Britain's Breagh Gas Field Back Up after 7 Week Closure (Dec 30)
- Production at UK Breagh Gas Field to Resume in 6-8 Weeks (Nov 20)
- UK's Breagh Gas Field Shut, Maybe for Two Weeks - Sterling (Nov 13)
Company: Grove Energy Ltd. more info
- Sterling Resources Ups Interest in Craiova Block Onshore Romania (Aug 18)
- Stratic Energy Sells Offshore Tunisia Interests for $1 Million (Jan 07)
- Grove to Cancel AIM Admission (Apr 27)