Mendoza Sells 17 Bidding Rules for Exploration of 4 Areas
Argentina's Mendoza province has sold bidding rules to explore four hydrocarbons areas to 17 companies in a tender process launched July 12, the provincial government reported.
The four areas are the Nacunan and Los Tordillos Oeste properties in the Cuyana basin as well as the Chachahuen and Rio Atuel properties in the Neuquen basin.
The province hopes more companies will express interest before the October 5 bid submission deadline, the statement said.
Local companies that have purchased bidding rules include: Chanares Herrado; Petroquimica Comodoro Rivadavia; Pluspetrol; Interenergy Argentina; and the local YPF subsidiary of Spain's Repsol YPF (NYSE: REP).
Others include: US oil companies Antrin Argentina, Cliveden Petroleo Argentina and Chevron San Jorge; Canadian oil firms Petroandina Resources, Vintage Oil and Petrolifera Petroleum; Brazil's federal energy firm Petrobras (NYSE: PBR); Italian oil company Tecpetrol; French oil company Total Austral; Korean oil firm Golden Oil; German oil company Wintershall Energia; and Norwegian oil company Petrolera El Trebol.
The province will open technical and financial offers October 10.
Two exploratory wells drilled in the Rio Atuel area showed gas productivity, while the Los Tordillos area had an oil find that was not commercially viable when discovered in 1969, BNamericas previously reported.
The Chachahuen area has not been explored extensively. Nacunan has had many exploratory wells drilled, which so far have shown traces of hydrocarbons.
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 7-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Exxon's Big Bet on Brazil Oil Could Signal Major Pre-salt Role (Sep 29)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
Company: Tecpetrol more info
- Union Leader: Argentina's Tecpetrol To Invest $2.3B In Vaca Muerta (Mar 23)
- Pluspetrol to Invest $500M in Peru Natgas Block (Aug 04)
- PetroNova Relinquishes CPO-6 Interest (Jul 05)
Company: Pluspetrol more info
- Government: Bids on Peru's Biggest Oil Block to Start in April (Mar 06)
- Pluspetrol Interested in Bidding on Peru's Biggest Oil Block (Feb 11)
- Argentina's Pluspetrol to Buy Apco Oil and Gas for $427 Million (Oct 03)
Company: Wintershall more info
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Libya's NOC, Wintershall Strike Interim Deal To Resume Output (Jun 13)
- BASF Sees Role of Oil and Gas Unit Declining Further (May 12)
- Norway Awards 56 Oil And Gas Licences In Mature Areas (Jan 17)