Nescos Receives Wins Contract for MRS Completion System
GGS' wholly owned subsidiary, NESCOS AS, has been requested by a major international oil company to deliver one set of its MRS completion system for a project in the Gulf of Mexico region. Production is in progress and installation is planned for early 2007.
The project is worth around US $100,000 and will use the Mechanical Rotation Sleeve (MRS) version of the NESCOS technology which is not surface-controlled and therefore lower cost.
Morten Andersen, Chairman of the Board of GGS
states: "I am pleased to see that a new major oil company has decided to test the NESCOS valve technology in a down-hole application. This indicates that the commercialization process of NESCOS will now advance at a higher speed than
before. This is following the successful testing at RF - Rogaland Research last year and the pre-qualification of the NESCOS system by Petrobras after installation and several months of operation in a well in Brazil."
- Total Exercises 400-Day Option Period for Tender Rig Barracuda (May 20)
- Petronas Finalizes Deal to Use Alligator Tender Rig Offshore Malaysia (Sep 10)
- Global Geo Services to Spin-Off of Spectrum Seismic Business (May 23)
Company: Nescos AS more info
- Nescos Wins New Smartwell Contract (Sep 20)
- Nescos Receives Wins Contract for MRS Completion System (Aug 28)
- NESCOS Test for Petrobras Successfully Completed (Jun 26)