Halliburton Scores $60 Million Contract from Total
Halliburton's Drilling, Evaluation and Digital Solutions Division has been awarded a contract valued at more than $60 million to provide Geo-Pilot rotary steerable systems, and directional and logging-while-drilling services for the Peciko, Bekapai, Sisi and Nubi gas fields, offshore Balikpapan, East Kalimantan, Indonesia.
"TOTAL E&P INDONESIE is currently running a huge activity in the East Kalimantan area, where up to nine rigs are drilling," said Jean-Christophe Leroy, Peciko Field drilling operations manager, TOTAL E&P INDONESIE. "We expect Halliburton to reach, in the shortest time, the challenging performance objectives we have raised for our offshore gas wells."
Brady Murphy, vice president of Halliburton's Sperry Drilling Services, a product service line of the Drilling, Evaluation and Digital Solutions Division, said: "We are very pleased with this award and for the opportunity to expand our business with TOTAL in Indonesia and to do this from our recently established base in Balikpapan. This contract will take full advantage of a broad array of Sperry Drilling Services' latest drilling and logging-while-drilling technology."
Under separate contracts, Halliburton is also providing cementing and drilling waste management services through its Fluid Systems Division.
- Venezuela's IOUs Pile Up, Keeping US Oil Servicers in Tow (Aug 23)
- Gadfly: Halliburton And Microsoft Do Not Compute For OPEC (Aug 22)
- Oilfield Rush to High-Tech Helps Smaller Companies Thrive (Jul 27)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Total CEO: US Shale Oil Industry To See Wave Of Investment (Oct 18)
- Total's CEO Says Will Try To Move Ahead With Iran Gas Project (Oct 17)
- Total Expands Presence in Mexico (Oct 12)