ANH to Pre-launch Caribe Round Next Month
Colombia's hydrocarbons regulator ANH reported it will pre-launch the Caribe hydrocarbons E&P program at an oil exploration symposium event September 24-27 in the city of Cartagena.
The event, dubbed IX Simposio Bolivariano, will showcase oil sector business development and technological advances in the sub-Andean basins.
The pre-launch will provide preliminary information to local companies and the country before the round is officially launched in December at the II Colombia Oil & Gas Conference, an ANH spokesperson told BNamericas.
The Caribe round aims to award contracts in areas of the Tayrona and Fuerte blocks. Anglo-Australian resources group BHP Billiton (NYSE: BHP) freed up areas of Tayrona while US oil major ExxonMobil (NYSE: XOM) and Brazil's federal energy company Petrobras (NYSE: PBR) did the same with Fuerte, the official said.
Additional information was not immediately available.
The ANH has also organized a seminar at next month's event to provide an update on its ongoing geological studies.
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 7-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Private Oil Made a Big Find in Mexico. Now State Oil Wants a Cut (Oct 04)
- BHP Gearing Up to Start Drilling for Oil in Mexico's Deep Waters (Oct 02)
- BHP To Quit US Shale Business As Annual Profit Surges (Aug 22)
Company: Exxon Mobil Corporation more info
Operates 13 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Says Julia, Hadrian South Operations Back To Normal After Nate (Oct 10)
- Iraq's Talks with Exxon on Southern Oilfields in Final Stages-Minister (Oct 09)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
Company: Petrobras more info
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Exxon's Big Bet on Brazil Oil Could Signal Major Pre-salt Role (Sep 29)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
Company: ANH more info
- Colombian ANH's 'Open Round' Roadshow Visits Houston (Feb 04)
- Ecopetrol Hits Hydrocarbons at Tempranillo North-1 (Jan 29)
- Colombia's ANH 'Open Round' Arrives in Calgary (Jan 27)