Delays at Libris-1 Exploration Well
Tap Oil says the Libris-1 well, located in the northern portion of permit WA-246-P, in the Dampier sub-basin has drilled ahead to 2,940 meters measured depth. Downhole problems have resulted in the loss of the drill string in the lower hole section of the well. Currently the well is being plugged back to approximately 800 meters after which drilling will re-commence. This will delay the well by approximately 7 days.
The Libris-1 well is designed to explore for hydrocarbons within the Upper Angel Formation and also to test for hydrocarbons at the Lower Angel Formation level.
Libris-1 is expected to reach the proposed total vertical depth in approximately 20 days.
WA-246-P Joint Venture participants are Apache Northwest as operator with 45%; Tap with 10%; Kufpec with 20%; Santos with 15% and Pan Pacific Petroleum with 10%.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
- Trade Group Oil & Gas UK Makes 4 Board Appointments (Oct 04)
Company: Santos Ltd. more info
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
- Australia Plans LNG Export Limits to Help Ease Local Price Pain (Apr 27)
- Australia's Santos To Focus On Long-Life Gas In Growth Push (Dec 08)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: Pan Pacific Petroleum more info
- JV Partners Withdraw from Vietnam's Offshore Block 121 (Sep 30)
- Australia's PPP CEO Tom Prudence Steps Down, Firm Not Seeking Replacement (Aug 25)
- Timor-Leste Issues Termination Notice for PSC JPDA 06-103 (Jul 16)
Company: Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Co. (KUFPEC) more info
- Shell Cancels Sale Of Thai Gas Field Stakes To Kuwait's KUFPEC (Oct 04)
- PETRONAS Awards SK410B PSC Offshore Malaysia to PTTEP-led JV (Jul 22)
- Chevron Signs Up Australia's Alinta To Buy Gas From Wheatstone (Apr 19)