Western Gas Stockholders Approve Anadarko Merger
Western Gas Resources says that at its special meeting of stockholders held in Denver today, the stockholders voted to adopt the merger agreement with Anadarko Petroleum Corporation and to approve the merger of Western with a subsidiary of Anadarko.
The proposed merger was announced on June 23, 2006, and is expected to be completed immediately following the satisfaction of customary closing conditions set forth in the merger agreement. Under the terms of the merger agreement, Western stockholders will receive $61.00 per share in cash for each share of common stock.
Western is an independent natural gas explorer, producer, gatherer, processor, transporter and energy marketer. The Company's producing properties are located primarily in Wyoming, including the developing Powder River Basin coal bed methane play, where Western is a leading acreage holder and producer, and the rapidly growing Pinedale Anticline. The Company also owns and operates natural gas gathering, processing and treating facilities in major gas-producing basins in the Rocky Mountain, Mid-Continent and West Texas regions of the United States.
- No More Free Lunch Is the Big Change Under Way in the Oil Market (Oct 09)
- Anadarko To Spend $2.5B On Massive Share Buyback (Sep 20)
- Harvey Could Become First Hurricane to Strike Texas Since 2008 (Aug 23)
Company: Western Gas Resources, Inc. more info
- Anadarko Announces $2.2B Midstream Monetization (Dec 27)
- Kodiak Names Henderson Finance Chief (May 07)
- Anadarko Closes $8B Credit Facility (Apr 11)