Peak Secures Rig Slot for UKCS Southern North Sea Ops
Peak Well Management Limited (Peak), the Aberdeen-based provider of international well construction services to the global oil and gas industry, intends to use the ENSCO 92 jack-up drilling rig, subject to mutually agreed terms and conditions, for operations in the UKCS Southern North Sea.
The rig, which had been contracted to BP, will be operated by Peak on behalf of Serica Energy plc (Serica) for the Oak exploration well.
The well is scheduled to be drilled in block 54/1b to a depth of approximately 7,865 ft. Drilling is expected to commence early October 2006 for an estimated dry hole duration of thirty (30) days.
"We are delighted to have secured the ENSCO 92 for Serica, especially given the current tightness of the rig market, " commented Bob Lyons, Chief Operating Officer of Peak. "Everyone knows how difficult it has been for operators - small and medium sized companies in particular - to find available rig slots to fulfill their drilling commitments. Nevertheless, we are optimistic that given our reputation and scope of operations, we will be able to secure more re-assigned drilling slots in the programs of drilling rigs which have already been contracted under long-term agreements."
Operates 28 Offshore Rigs
- BP Midstream Partners Seeks To Raise Up To $893MM In IPO (Oct 16)
- BP, Azerbaijan's SOCAR To Sign Caspian Sea Exploration Deal In 2017 (Oct 12)
- Increasing the World's Oil Reserves with Digitization (Oct 09)
Company: ENSCO International Incorporated more info
Manages 65 Offshore Rigs
- Ensco Acquires Atwood Oceanics, Lays Off Staff (Oct 10)
- Lamprell to Compensate Ensco for Delay in Delivery of ENSCO 140 (Aug 29)
- Lamprell Delays Delivery of Jackup to Mid-August Due to Technical Issue (Jul 27)
Company: Peak Group more info
- Awilco Nabs LOI for Drilling Program Offshore Indonesia (Aug 05)
- New Deals Boost Duffy and McGovern in SE Asia, Australia (Apr 17)
- Arrow to Supply Liquegas with Coal Seam Gas from Daandine (Apr 11)
Company: Serica Energy more info
- Erskine Field Production Start-Up Delayed (Aug 23)
- Serica Completes Acquisition of 18% Stake in North Sea Erskine Field (Jun 05)
- Sidi Moussa Well Offshore Morocco Finds Oil (Oct 20)
Company: Peak Well Management more info
- Peak Well Reels in Contract to Supply UHD Fishing Tool Package (Jul 25)
- Antrim: Rig Secured for East Kerloch (Mar 22)
- Granby: Ensco 100 Secured for Tristan NW (Jan 30)