Partners in Snohvit to Evaluate Oil Feasibility
The Snohvit partners have decided to perform studies on the feasibility of Snohvit oil production.
The Plan for Development and Operation (PDO) adopted by the Norwegian parliament in March 2002 prepared for development of the gas resources in Snohvit only.
Further field development studies will show whether Snohvit oil production is commercial, and if so, what development solution to choose.
"The studies are based on new knowledge after the gas wells were drilled in Snohvit, and expectations for a higher long-term oil price," says Geir Pettersen, manager of the Tromso Patch business cluster, which includes Snohvit operations.
The Snohvit oil zone is just some 14 meters thick. Studies performed prior to the approval of the gas development plans in 2002 concluded that production of the oil zone would not be profitable.
The partners will start planning a possible appraisal well for better identification of the oil zone in Snohvit.
"An appraisal well will give us further information about recoverable oil reserves in the field," Mr. Pettersen says.
The drilling of the appraisal well may take place in the first quarter of 2007. A final decision will be made by the end of 2006.
The Snohvit licensees are Statoil (33.53%), Petoro (30.00), Total E&P Norge (18.40), Gaz de France (12.00), Amerada Hess Norge (3.26) and RWE Dea Norge (2.81).
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Partners to Invest in New Gas Module at Troll C Platform (Nov 07)
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
- Report: Quarter Of Oil Refineries Risk Closure Under Climate Goals (Nov 02)
Company: Hess Corporation more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- About 75,000 Bpd Of Gulf Oil Output Still Shut After Shell Fire (Nov 15)
- Hess Shares Fall After Fourth-Quarter Forecast Slashed (Oct 25)
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
Company: Gaz de France more info
- Grenland Group Delivers Gjoa Subsea Structures (Sep 01)
- Plexus to Supply Wellhead Systems for Mediterranean E&P Activities (Jul 20)
- ELNG Completes First Ever Health & Safety Partnership Program with GE O&G (Jul 15)
Company: Petoro more info
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
- Statoil Granted North Sea Drilling Permit by NPD (Dec 21)
Company: RWE-DEA more info
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit in PL609 (Sep 10)
- Lundin Spuds Appraisal Well on Alta Discovery (Mar 25)
- Japan's JX, GDF Suez Find New Oil in UK North Sea (Mar 13)