Hydro Completes Peon Re-entry
Hydro has completed a re-entry operation in the Peon gas discovery on the Norwegian Continental Shelf.
The operation in the discovery well 35/2-1 R was completed with the drilling rig Deepsea Trym. Evaluation based on the well construction prior to a planned production test concluded with a postponement of the testing during the operation.
A program to further increase the understanding of the field is now under way, in order to seek an optimal field development solution: Additional data-acquisition and planning activities are in progress and a seismic acquisition program will be completed later this fall.
The gas field located in production license 318 was discovered by Hydro in the North Sea in August 2005, about 100 kilometers west off the coast of Sogn og Fjordane county in Norway.
Peon is operated by Hydro. Co-owners are Petoro and Idemitsu.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sentry Petroleum Appoints Former Norsk Hydro Analyst to Board of Directors (Dec 29)
- Hydro Under Investigation for Former Libya Oil Operations (Oct 07)
- SeaBird First Contract Award for SeaBed Operations (Apr 28)
Company: Petoro more info
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
- Statoil Granted North Sea Drilling Permit by NPD (Dec 21)
Company: Idemitsu more info
- OMV Says Wisting Arctic Discovery May Exceed 1B Barrels (Nov 17)
- Tullow Oil: Discovery Made in Cara Prospect Offshore Norway (Sep 16)
- Aker Secures FEED Deal from Idemitsu for Blocks 05-1b, 05-1c Off Vietnam (Jul 12)