Derrilyn Reaches Total Depth, Reserves May Be Upgraded
Stuart Petroleum Limited said that drilling of Derrilyn 4 has reached total depth and the result of wireline logs show that the primary target, the Hutton Sandstone, was intersected 11 meters high to prognosis.
Mr. Tino Guglielmo, Managing Director of Stuart petroleum Limited advised that, "this well confirms the North Easterly extension of the field and may result in an upgrade of field reserves." Logs indicate approximately 4-5 meters of pay which will be flow tested in the next few days.
"The Hutton reservoir quality looks good and we are hopeful of a strong flow," Mr Guglielmo added.
'Derrilyn 1 flowed oil from a test of the Hutton at a rate of 1700 barrels of oil per day.
--Well Type: Oil Appraisal Well PPL 206 --Location Derrilyn Unit Area --Participating Interest: Stuart Petroleum Ltd 35% --Santos Ltd 65% (Operator) --Spud : 10 August 2006 --Total Depth : 1550 meters --Current Operation : Running logs prior to testing
While drilling, Derrilyn 4 also recorded oil shows in the Cadna-owie Formation, Murta
and McKinlay Formations. Stuart will assess the impact on its reserves position in due course.
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
- Australia Plans LNG Export Limits to Help Ease Local Price Pain (Apr 27)
- Australia's Santos To Focus On Long-Life Gas In Growth Push (Dec 08)
Company: Stuart Petroleum more info
- Stuart Notes DST Results from Acrasia 5 Well (Oct 22)
- Stuart Drills Ahead at Acrasia Well (Oct 11)
- Stuart to Commence Drilling at Acrasia Well (Oct 08)