Oilex Consortium Wins Block 103 in JPDA
Oilex NL reported that the Timor Sea Designated Authority has announced the award of Block 103 located in the northern part of the Joint Petroleum Development Area to a group of 4 companies led by Oilex, subject to signing a Production Sharing Contract.
Block 103 was rated by the group to be the most prospective of the blocks on offer in the bid round that closed on 26 May 2006. It is located immediately to the east of the Laminaria, Corallina, Kakatua, Kuda Tasi and Elang discoveries/ oil and gas fields and to the north of the Bayu-Undan gas condensate field.
The successful bidding group comprises Oilex (Operator, 25%) and major Indian companies Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation Ltd (GSPC, 25%), Videocon Industries Ltd (VIL, 25%) and Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL, 25%). This award completes another element of the company's stated strategy of acquiring high quality exploration acreage in countries around the Indian Ocean rim in joint ventures with its Indian alliance members.
The Timor Sea Designated Authority was created on 2 April 2003, pursuant to the
Timor Sea Treaty between the Governments of Timor-Leste and Australia. The role
of the TSDA is to administer the Joint Petroleum Development Area (JPDA) on
behalf of the Governments of Timor-Leste and Australia.
- Top Oil Market Summons Poseidon to US-Mideast Crude Fight (Jul 18)
- Petronet Eyes 2019 Rescue for Nearly Idle $700 Million LNG Plant (Jul 18)
- India BPCL Makes Its First US Oil Purchase, Buys Mars, Poseidon (Jul 17)
Company: Videocon Industries more info
- Sources: Petrobras To Sell 'Junk' Fields As Big Finds Delayed (Jul 05)
- Petrobras' Indian Partners Fight Delay In Troubled Brazil Oil Project (Jul 04)
- India's Videocon Considers Divesting Upstream Assets to Repay Debts (Jun 13)
Company: GSPC more info
- Timor-Leste Issues Termination Notice for PSC JPDA 06-103 (Jul 16)
- GNRL Oil & Gas Finds Oil at ND#1A Well in Gujarat (Sep 23)
- GSPC Books Re-Gasification Capacity at Petronet LNG's Dahej Terminal (Jan 07)
Company: Oilex NL more info
- Oilex Plans to Employ Workover Rig at Cambay-19Z (Jul 15)
- Oilex Gets Feet Wet with Cambay-19Z Test Well (Jun 10)
- Oilex's India, Oman Operations on Schedule (Apr 29)