J. Ray Wins Qatar Pearl GTL Contract
McDermott International, Inc. ("McDermott") said Wednesday that a subsidiary of J. Ray McDermott, S.A. ("J. Ray") was recently awarded a contract by Shell Qatar GTL Limited to engineer, construct, transport, install hook-up and pre-commission two wellhead platforms in Qatar's North Field, for the Pearl gas-to-liquids ("GTL") project.
Bob Deason, President and Chief Operating Officer of J. Ray, commented on the contract award, "Pearl GTL is a world class project of strategic importance to both Shell and to Qatar. We are pleased to continue our involvement in the country's offshore field development program and in particular with the prestigious Pearl project."
FEED verification and detailed design engineering on the topsides has already begun at J. Ray's Jebel Ali engineering office; and construction will begin at J. Ray's Jebel Ali yard later this month. Each platform, Pearl 1 and Pearl 2, weighs an average of 3,600 metric tonnes.
"J. Ray has a long history working offshore Qatar, and our project team will bring significant experience to bear on this field development, to the benefit of the Pearl GTL project," added Deason.
McDermott International, Inc. is a leading worldwide energy services company. McDermott subsidiaries provide engineering, construction, installation, procurement, research, manufacturing, environmental systems, project management and facility management services to a variety of customers in the power and energy industries, including the U.S. Department of Energy.
- Exclusive: McDermott to Double Headcount in Mexico by Year-End (May 05)
- McDermott Opens New Office in Saudi Arabia; Adds 300 Jobs (Nov 02)
- Mexico's Sole Platform Fabrication Project to Create Jobs (Sep 27)
Company: Shell more info
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
Company: J. Ray McDermott more info
- J. Ray McDermott Says Hello to New CFO (May 12)
- J. Ray McDermott Secures Fabrication Contract on Gorgon Project (May 06)
- J. Ray Reels in Second Subsea Gig in Vietnam (Apr 06)