Arrow: Geo Atlantic Conversion to Conclude in September
The conversion of the Geo Atlantic (previously the Polar King) into a multi streamer state-of- the-art seismic vessel, has been more time consuming than expected, said owner Arrow Seismic ASA.
The conversion is now expected to be completed early September and the vessel will thereafter be employed on the previously announced charter agreement with Fugro Geoteam AS for a fixed period of 7 years with 2 x 2 years options for further use.
Arrow Seismic ASA ("Arrow") develops, owns and operates advanced special-purpose
vessels for marine seismic. Arrow owns the vessels Laurentian, which is chartered to CGG,
and Geo Atlantic, which currently is being converted to a state-of-the-art
multistreamer seismic vessel against a seven year charter to Fugro Geoteam, whereupon
the charterer has a 2 x 2 year option. Arrow has also contracted two special-purpose seismic
vessels for delivery in the 1st and 4th quarter of 2008.
- Fugro to Cut Hundreds of Jobs, Sell APAC Business Unit due to Oil Glut (Aug 04)
- Fugro Completes Data Acquisition Program Offshore Western Ghana (Aug 03)
- ONGC Boosts Operations Off India Via New, Expanded Deals Worth $60M (Jul 18)
Company: CGG more info
- French Oil Services Firm CGG Files For Bankruptcy (Jun 14)
- CGG Wins DPC Contract in Brunei (Feb 21)
- CGG Looks to Achieve Financial Restructuring (Jan 05)
Company: Arrow Seismic ASA more info
- PGS Notes New Build Contract Termination in Spain (Sep 04)
- Court Finds CGGVeritas' Claims against Arrow Seismic 'Unfounded' (Apr 08)
- PGS Clarifies on New Builds and Charter Contracts with Arrow, WesternGeco (Jan 26)