Fairmount Marine Wins Major Transport Contract from Rowan
Rowan and Louis Dreyfus Fairmount B.V. (managed by Fairmount Marine) signed a transportation contract for the mobilization of the Rowan jackups "Gilbert Rowe" and "Rowan Paris" from the Gulf of Mexico to the Middle East.
Superbarge Gavea Lifter, with 50,000 TDW the world's largest semisubmersible transportation barge, will be mobilized to the Gulf of Mexico immediately after completion of the current Sedco 709 dry docking operation in South Africa. Only Gavea Lifter is able to transport both rigs in one time, thus saving considerable costs and time for the owner.
Manages 21 Offshore Rigs
- Rowan Lays Off Another 50 Offshore Workers (Jun 26)
- Rowan to Lay Off 150 Offshore Workers (May 31)
- Rowan Idles Rig, Will Lay Off Up To 110 Workers (Nov 28)
Company: Fairmount Marine more info
- Fairmount Successfully Tows FPSO Petrojarl Knarr to Norway from South Korea (Sep 22)
- Fairmount Marine Tows Naga 3 Jackup to Block 15-2 Offshore Vietnam (May 28)
- Fairmount Marine Tows Naga 3 to Vung Tau, Vietnam to Prepare for JVPC's Job (May 02)