ERHC Reports Third Quarter Results
ERHC Energy Inc. on Thursday reported financial results for the third quarter ended June 30, 2006.
As of June 30, 2006, ERHC reported cash assets totaling $41.3 million. During the three months ended June 30, 2006, ERHC had a net loss of $621,474, compared to a net loss of $223,628 for the three months ended June 30, 2005. Interest income increased by $527,732 due to the significant cash balance related to proceeds from the sale of participation interests in Blocks 2, 3 and 4 of the Joint Development Zone (JDZ) during the first quarter. General and administrative expenses during the third quarter increased by $1.2 million over the same period last year, due to an increase in legal costs, accounting of employee stock options in fiscal 2005, and increased travel and administrative expenses of doing business internationally.
For the nine months ended June 30, 2006, ERHC had net income of $24.2 million, compared with a net loss of ($8.2 million) for the nine months ended June 30, 2005.
"The company has strengthened its financial standing due to the infusion of cash from the sale of participation interests in the JDZ," said Nicolae Luca, acting chief executive officer. "Though our general and administrative costs have risen, we believe that engaging top legal counsel to represent the interests of the company and its shareholders is money well spent."
Mr. Luca said the company remains pleased with the progress being made by Addax Petroleum and Sinopec Corp., which have entered into production sharing agreements with ERHC.
According to Addax Petroleum, which has been designated the operator of Block 4 of the JDZ and has a participating interest in JDZ Blocks 2 and 3, seismic data acquired over each of the Blocks is presently being analyzed to delineate potential drilling locations.
ERHC Energy Inc. is a Houston-based independent oil and gas company focused on growth through high impact exploration in the highly prospective Gulf of Guinea and the development of undeveloped and marginal oil and gas fields.
- Buyers Eye Sinopec's Argentina Oil Assets in Sale Worth Up to $1B - Sources (Oct 09)
- Shengli Oilfield Cuts Internet For Some Offices After Cyber Attack (Aug 21)
- Sinopec Engineering Arm Taps Asia Petrochemicals Growth (Aug 21)
Company: Addax more info
- Chinese-Owned Oil Firm Addax Shuts Offices After Swiss Bribery Case (Aug 07)
- North Sea Decom: 'Campaign Approach' Required to Drive Down Costs (Sep 15)
- Addax Extends Yinson's FPSO Charter Contract for $129M (Oct 20)
Company: ERHC more info
- ERHC, ANP-STP to Start PSC Talks in Mid-Nov. (Oct 18)
- Sinopec Gets JDA Nod for Extension of Exploration Phase in Nigeria (May 19)
- ERHC to Extend Exploration Phase I in JDZ Block 2 (Oct 14)