BMB Munai Spuds Dolinnoe-6
BMB Munai, Inc. said Tuesday that its drilling contractor, Great Wall Ltd. (China), has spudded a new well on the Dolinnoe field in western Kazakhstan.
The new well site, designated Dolinnoe-6, is located 800 meters to the southeast of the Dolinnoe-3 well drilled by the company in 2005. BMB intends to drill Dolinnoe-6 to the depth of 3,800 meters, penetrating carbonate reservoirs of the Middle and Lower Triassic where productive pay zones were discovered and tested in the successful Dolinnoe-3 well. Drilling of the Dolinnoe-6 well is expected to continue until late-December 2006, and subsequent testing of various intervals will continue for 3 months after completion of the well.
BMB Munai is an independent oil and gas company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas in western Kazakhstan. The company maintains administrative offices in Salt Lake City, Utah and Almaty, Kazakhstan.
- BMB Munai Sells Operating Subsidiary (Feb 15)
- BMB Munai Pumps First Oil at Kariman Well (Nov 11)
- BMB Munai IDs Structures at Northwest Block (Jul 26)
Company: Great Wall Ltd. more info
- BMB Munai Spuds Dolinnoe-6 (Aug 09)
- BMB Munai Awards Drilling Contract to Great Wall Ltd. (Jan 12)