PetroRig 1 Wins Five Year Contract from Petrobras
Petrobras has contracted the PetroMENA newbuild, PetroRig 1, for work in the Gulf of Mexico and offshore Brazil. The contract is for five years and is valued at US $700 million.
The contract will commence upon delivery of the rig, owned by PetroMENA AS, from the Jurong Shipyard in Singapore the 2nd quarter 2009.
The contract was signed by Larsen Oil and Gas Ltd. of Aberdeen. Larsen also has a similar drilling rig, PetroRig 2, owned by PetroMENA AS under construction at Jurong Shipyard for delivery at the end of 2009, as well as 2 heavy duty (375ft) jackups owned by PetroJack ASA for delivery in 2008.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Exxon's Big Bet on Brazil Oil Could Signal Major Pre-salt Role (Sep 29)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
Company: PetroMena more info
- Jurong Shipyard Exercises Right to Sell Petrorig I (Apr 29)
- PetroMena Denies Default on PetroRigs I & III (Apr 06)
- Seadrill Snaps Up Stake in Petromena's Bond Loan for 2 Deepwater Rigs (Mar 30)