Anadarko Wins Antitrust Clearance for Western Gas Acquisition
Anadarko Petroleum Corp. said Tuesday that its proposed acquisition of Western Gas Resources, Inc. has achieved U.S. antitrust clearance, as the statutory waiting period required under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act expired without issuance of a second request by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Anadarko expects to close the transaction as soon as practicable following regulatory clearance from the Wyoming Public Service Commission and Western Gas shareholder approval at the special meeting set for Aug. 23.
- 4 Ways Agile Sourcing Can Lead Enterprises to Success (Nov 10)
- Gadfly: Anadarko Woke Up, and It Really Smells the Coffee (Nov 01)
- No More Free Lunch Is the Big Change Under Way in the Oil Market (Oct 09)
Company: Western Gas Resources, Inc. more info
- Anadarko Announces $2.2B Midstream Monetization (Dec 27)
- Kodiak Names Henderson Finance Chief (May 07)
- Anadarko Closes $8B Credit Facility (Apr 11)