RasGas II Implements Sales of Remaining LNG to Petronet
Ras Laffan Liquefied Natural Gas Co. Limited (II) (RasGas II) announced plans to implement sales of 2.5 million tonnes per year (Mta) of LNG to Petronet LNG Limited (India), completing a 7.5-Mta sales agreement. In 1999, RasGas II entered into a sales and prchase agreement (SPA) for 7.5 Mta of LNG. The delivery of the first phase, consisting of 5 Mta, began in January 2004. RasGas II and Petronet signed a side letter agreement on August 3, 2006, amending the existing SPA to implement the sale of the remaining 2.5 Mta. The delivery of the 2.5 Mta is expected to start in 2009.
Ras Laffan Liquefied Natural Gas Co. Limited (II) is a joint venture company established in 2001 by Qatar Petroleum and ExxonMobil RasGas Inc., an affiliate of ExxonMobil Corp., to produce LNG and related products from a designated area within the North Field.
Petronet LNG Limited (India) was incorporated in 1998 to import LNG and operate the regasification terminals and market regasified LNG in the Indian market.
Operates 13 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Says Julia, Hadrian South Operations Back To Normal After Nate (Oct 10)
- Iraq's Talks with Exxon on Southern Oilfields in Final Stages-Minister (Oct 09)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
Company: Qatar Petroleum more info
- Qatar Says It's Fulfilling Oil and Gas Deals Despite Gulf Crisis (Sep 13)
- Cyprus Says to Push Ahead with Energy Plans Despite Challenges (Jun 29)
- Statement: Qatar Petroleum, Shell Sign LNG Bunkering Agreement (Jun 13)
Company: RasGas more info
- Biggest No Longer Means Best in Qatar's Strategy for LNG Wealth (Jan 06)
- Hyundai Heavy Lands $900MM Deal for Barzan Gas Project (Jan 11)
- Qatar's RasGas Fires Up LNG Production from New Facility (Feb 24)
Company: Petronet LNG Ltd. more info
- Petronet Eyes 2019 Rescue for Nearly Idle $700 Million LNG Plant (Jul 18)
- India's PM Narendra Modi Calls for Fresh Look at Country's Petroleum Sector (Jan 06)
- India's Petronet Near To Winning Better Gas Terms From Qatar Sources (Nov 20)