TPAO Awards the Black Sea's Largest-Ever Q-Technology 3D Projects
Schlumberger announced today that Turkish state oil company Turkiye Petrolleri A.O. (TPAO) has contracted WesternGeco to conduct the largest high-specification Q-Marine* 3D exploration surveys ever undertaken in the Black Sea.
The WesternGeco Q* vessel Western Pride will conduct two 3D marine seismic surveys over deepwater blocks 3922-Sinop and 3920-Kozlu. "These two surveys are an important part of TPAO's plans to identify significant hydrocarbon reserves in the deepwater Turkish Black Sea geological plays," said Ahmet Faruk Öner, director of exploration, TPAO. "Q-Marine acquisition and processing will provide high-quality images needed for significant exploration evaluation as TPAO continues its major study of this area."
The surveys, which commenced this month, cover 5,000 sq. km—2,500 sq km are in the Sinop 3D survey with the remaining 2,500 sq km covering the Kozlu 3D survey, offshore Turkey. These will be the third and fourth Q-Marine surveys WesternGeco has acquired in the Black Sea.
"Our ability to deliver the best possible 3D images will enable important decisions and effective mapping of future frontier exploration activity of the deepwater geological plays of the Turkish Black Sea," said Roar Bekker, region manager - Europe. "We have worked with TPAO for many years and look forward to supporting their exploration plans in this important geological area."
Q-Marine is one of the WesternGeco proprietary suites of advanced Q technologies for enhanced reservoir location, description, and management.
- PGS and WesternGeco Win Barents Sea Seismic Work (Mar 11)
- Schlumberger Takes Minority Stake in PetroMarker (Oct 05)
- WesternGeco Releases New Technologies for Onshore, Offshore Ops (Jun 13)
Company: Schlumberger more info
- Halliburton Posts International Revenue Growth, Unlike Schlumberger (Oct 23)
- Top Oilfield Services Firms Signal Fourth-Quarter Uncertainty (Oct 20)
- Schlumberger's Latest Asset Deal Raises Fresh Concerns Ahead Of 3Q (Oct 19)
Company: TPAO more info
- KOGAS Says Starts Commercial Crude Oil Production in Iraq's Badra (Sep 01)
- Turkey's TPAO Signs $1.5B Deal To Buy Total's Stake In Azeri Gas Project (May 30)
- Turkey's TPAO Says In Talks With Exxon, OMV, MOL For Joint Oil Exploration (Feb 19)