Sampang PSC to Suspend Jeruk 3
Santos Ltd., operator of the Sampang Production Sharing Contract (PSC), said that the Jeruk-3 appraisal well is being drilled offshore Indonesia approximately 1.8 km west of Jeruk-1 and 40 km southeast of Surabaya.
The bottom hole section of the well has now been completed. The test over the interval from 4,789m to 4,897m TVDSS flowed formation water as expected at a rate of up to 6,700 barrels per day through a 28/64-inch choke. It confirmed the previously interpreted oil/ water contact at approximately 4,760m TVDSS.
The well will now be suspended as a potential future oil producer and the rig will be released.
The Jeruk-3 appraisal well data will be integrated with other well and seismic data to assist in determining the most likely resource range and forward appraisal plan.
Santos has a 40.5% stake in the Sampang PSC. The other participants include Singapore Petroleum Sampang Ltd (36%), Cue Sampang Pty Ltd (13.5%), and PT Petrogas Oyong Jatim (10%, subject to finalization of documentation).
- Santos Seen Luring More Bids After Rejecting $7.2 Billion Offer (Nov 16)
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
- Australia Plans LNG Export Limits to Help Ease Local Price Pain (Apr 27)
Company: Cue Energy Resources more info
- Sampang JV Approves Project to Extend Field Life by 2 Years to 2020 (Sep 22)
- SKK Migas Extends Exploration Period for East Kalimantan's Mahakam PSC (May 04)
- NOPTA Approves Cue's WA-359-P Work Program Suspension, Extends Permit Term (Apr 14)
Company: Singapore Petroleum more info
- Korean Firms Test Water Offshore China (Jun 04)
- Seadrill Awards Semi-Tender Rig Construction Contract to Keppel (Jun 09)
- Commissioning Underway at Oyong Field (Sep 11)
Company: PT Petrogas more info
- Malaysia's Oil Sector to Stay Robust on Renewed Exploration Interest (Dec 24)
- Petrogas Decides Against Taking Sampang Stake (Apr 27)
- Cue: Production Vessel Awarded for Oyong (Jan 19)