Fugro Expands in Canada and Germany
Fugro has acquired the Canadian data management company Trango Technologies from Pulse Data Inc., listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange, for a total amount of approximately EUR 1.3 million. The company employs 13 staff and has an annual turnover of EUR 1.5 million.
In addition, Fugro has purchased the business activities of the geotechnical company ECOS GmbH. The German company has eight employees and an annual turnover of approximately EUR 1 million.
Calgary-based Trango Technologies will be integrated into Fugro Data Solutions, the unit in which Fugro's data management activities are concentrated. Fugro Data Solutions provides services in data collection and management, license round organization, and supporting application development. The subsidiary has offices in Houston, Aberdeen, Llandudno (Wales), London, Leidschendam, Singapore, and Mumbai and belongs to the Fugro Geoscience Division.
ECOS GmbH is a geotechnical company based in Aachen. With this acquisition Fugro strengthens its activities of site investigations in Germany--particularly in the North Rhine-Westphalia area. ECOS' activities will be incorporated in the existing operating company Fugro Consult GmbH, which is part of the Geotechnical Divison.
- Fugro to Cut Hundreds of Jobs, Sell APAC Business Unit due to Oil Glut (Aug 04)
- Fugro Completes Data Acquisition Program Offshore Western Ghana (Aug 03)
- ONGC Boosts Operations Off India Via New, Expanded Deals Worth $60M (Jul 18)
Company: Pulse Data, Inc. more info
- Pulse Data Purchases Significant Canadian 2D Seismic Data (Oct 09)
- Pulse Seismic Acquires Seismic Data for Deep Basin in Alberta (Aug 30)
- Fugro Expands in Canada and Germany (Aug 01)