OffRig and National Agree to Extend Option for Drilling Package
OffRig Drilling ASA and National Oilwell has agreed to extend the validity of option for the fourth semisubmersible drilling package from the of end July 06 to the end of December 06.
OffRig Drilling ASA has contracted one semisubmersible drilling unit and declared the first of three options for a total program of four rigs at Yantai Raffles Shipyard in China.
For the first rig, scheduled to be delivered in the middle of 2008, OffRig Drilling ASA has received a LOI from BP for the Skarv Field development program which could last from three to five years.
- OffRig to Build Third Semisub at Yantai Raffles Shipyard (Jan 31)
- Awilco Offshore's Stake in OffRig Reaches 91.2% (Jan 09)
- Awilco Announces Results of Voluntary Offer for OffRig (Nov 30)
Company: National Oilwell Varco more info
- National Oilwell Sees 'Isolated Green Shoots of Activity' (Jul 28)
- Oilfield Cannibals: To Save Cash, US Drillers Strip Idle Rigs (Oct 07)
- National Oilwell Sees Falling Demand For Deepwater Rigs (Jul 29)