It's Christmas in July for Aker Kvaerner
Aker Kvaerner said that it has won a two-year frame agreement to supply subsea Christmas trees to Petrobras. The contract has a value of approximately US$84 million.
The scope of work comprises 30 subsea Christmas trees with associated tools. The first call-off is to comprise nine dual-bore Christmas trees designed to 2,000-meter water depth plus associated sets of tools. Deliveries are to be completed from Aker Kvaerner's facility in Curitiba, Brazil, for delivery in the next 12 months. The duration of the frame agreement is two years, with an option to extend by one year.
“This award confirms not only Aker Kvaerner's performance and close cooperation with Petrobras on previous similar projects, but also Aker Kvaerner's established position as a strong supplier of Christmas trees in Brazil,” says Raymond Carlsen executive vice president of Aker Kvaerner Subsea.
Aker Kvaerner has extensive experience delivering subsea trees in Brazil, having delivered more than 130 subsea Christmas trees to Petrobras since the start of operations in Brazil.
The agreement is signed between Aker Kvaerner Subsea Brazil and Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.
- Kvaerner Sees Rising Revenues, Better Margins in 4Q (Feb 14)
- Reliance Fires Up Gas Production from India's KG-D6 Block (Apr 02)
- Sonardyne Snags Life-of-Field Contract for Petrobras' Cascade, Chinook (Feb 18)
Company: Petrobras more info
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Exxon's Big Bet on Brazil Oil Could Signal Major Pre-salt Role (Sep 29)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)