Chevron Sees Good Results from Big Foot Sidetrack
Chevron says that operations on the sidetrack well at the Big Foot discovery on Walker Ridge 29 have concluded. The block is approximately 225 miles south of New Orleans, La., and is located in approximately 5,000 feet of water.
Operated by a Chevron subsidiary, Chevron U.S.A. Inc., the Big Foot Well No. 2 Sidetrack 3 reached a total vertical depth of 24,434 feet to a location approximately one-half mile north and significantly downdip of the discovery well. This sidetrack encountered the same pay intervals as seen in the discovery well with approximately 300 feet of net oil pay. Further appraisal drilling will be conducted, the timing of which is still under consideration.
Chevron owns a 60 percent working interest in Big Foot. Partners are Anadarko Petroleum Corporation with 15 percent, Plains Exploration & Production Company with 12.5 percent and Shell with 12.5 percent.
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Shell, Varo End Talks on Germany Refinery Stake Sale (Oct 06)
Company: Anadarko Petroleum more info
- No More Free Lunch Is the Big Change Under Way in the Oil Market (Oct 09)
- Anadarko To Spend $2.5B On Massive Share Buyback (Sep 20)
- Harvey Could Become First Hurricane to Strike Texas Since 2008 (Aug 23)
Company: Chevron Corporation more info
- Chevron Approves New Tech Investment To Raise Output At North Sea Field (Oct 20)
- Canada's Keyera Signs Pact With Chevron To Transport, Store NGL (Oct 10)
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
Company: Plains Exploration & Production more info
- Noble, PXP Shake Hands on UDW Drillships for Gulf of Mexico (Apr 18)
- BP Sells Non-Strategic GOM Assets for $5.5B (Sep 10)
- PXP Posts Early Tender Offer Results for Senior Notes (Dec 01)