Colin-1 Wildcat Spudded Offshore Mauritania
Hardman Resources said that the first well in its 2006/2007 Mauritanian exploration campaign, Colin-1, was spudded at 6 p.m. GMT on July 21, 2006, using the Atwood Hunter drill rig. The water depth at the location is 168m, and the planned total depth of the well is 2,300m.
At a depth of 254m a 36-inch conductor was set and cemented in place. Current operations are drilling ahead in the 18.5-inch hole section to the intermediate casing point, and at midnight on the 24th July the well was at 920m drilled depth.
Colin-1 is targeting a Miocene channel system of slightly younger age than the Chinguetti and Tiof fairways. The prospect is located approximately 60km south of the Chinguetti field. It is a stratigraphically trapped, incised canyon sand system with amplitude support.
The Colin prospect has a mean potential of some 170 million barrels of recoverable oil (gross), with follow-up potential in older canyon systems below the Colin Miocene channel and in adjacent channel fairways.
Equities in PSC A Block 3 are:
--Woodside Group (operator) 53.846% --Hardman Group 24.300% --BG Group 13.084% --Fusion Mauritania A Ltd 3.000% --Premier Oil Group 1.615% --ROC Oil Group 4.155%
All reported depths (except water depth) are referenced to the rig rotary table (RT).
Hydrocarbon shows will be only be reported after all required logs have been run and
evaluated, although Hardman will release weekly updates on the exploration drilling
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: BG Group more info
- Shell Mulls LNG-Hub Network as Use by Ships and Trucks Expands (Jul 11)
- Tanzania Laws Would Allow Govt to Tear Up Mining, Energy Deals (Jun 29)
- Despite Cuts, Big Oil to Expand Production into the 2020s (Sep 05)
Company: Roc Oil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Santos Names Roc Oil CEO Anthony Neilson as CFO to Replace Andrew Seaton (Sep 19)
- SapuraKencana Clinches $72M of Work in Malaysia, India & Cote d'Ivoire (Dec 08)
- Faroe Completes Roc Oil Acquisition (Nov 06)
Company: Premier Oil more info
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- European Oil Producers' Weak Hedging Shows Bet on Price Rebound (Jul 31)
- Mexico Oil Privatization Pays Off With Billion-Barrel Find (Jul 12)
- Premier Oil Expects Weak Pound To Help Bottom Line (Jan 12)
Company: Hardman Resources more info
- Stratic Names Thomas CFO, Director (Jun 11)
- Govt Offers Blocks 2(ab), Guayaguayare to Hardman, Centrica (May 03)
- Tullow Reports Record Results for 2006 (Mar 21)
Company: Fusion Mauritania more info
- Banda East Well Drilling Ahead Offshore Mauritania (Nov 05)
- Colin-1 Wildcat Spudded Offshore Mauritania (Jul 25)