MODEC Awarded TLP for Shenzi Field, Deepwater Gulf of Mexico
MODEC International LLC announced today the signing of contracts with BHP Billiton for the provision of a Tension Leg Platform (TLP) facility for the Shenzi Field development. The Shenzi Field comprises Green Canyon Blocks 609, 610, 653 and 654 in the Gulf of Mexico and is approximately 120 miles from the Louisiana Coast. Other partners in the field include Hess Corp. and Repsol YPF.
The Shenzi TLP will be the fifth and largest MOSES design TLP to date, with a payload capacity of 15,500st and displacement of 43,500st.
The TLP will have up to 20 subsea production and water injection wells tied back to the facility and will be capable of processing 100,000 barrels of oil and 50 million cubic feet of gas per day. The TLP will be installed in approximately 4,300 feet water depth.
MODEC is under contract for the project management, design, engineering, procurement, construction, and pre-commissioning activities of the TLP. Installation of the TLP is planned for summer 2008 and first oil production from the Shenzi TLP is expected mid-year 2009.
MODEC International LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of MODEC, Inc. MODEC is a turnkey service supplier of Floating Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels, Floating Storage and Offloading (FSO) vessels, Tension Leg Platforms (TLPs), and production semisubmersibles (CPSs) for the offshore oil and gas industry.
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Private Oil Made a Big Find in Mexico. Now State Oil Wants a Cut (Oct 04)
- BHP Gearing Up to Start Drilling for Oil in Mexico's Deep Waters (Oct 02)
- BHP To Quit US Shale Business As Annual Profit Surges (Aug 22)
Company: Hess Corporation more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Hess: World Needs New Offshore Oil Investments to Avoid Shortages (Sep 28)
- Hess Slashes 2017 Capital Budget After Quarterly Loss (Jul 26)
- Suriname Signs Offshore Oil Deals with ﻿Exxon, Hess and Statoil (Jul 14)
Company: Repsol more info
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Repsol Says Drilling Suspended On Vietnam Oil Block Disputed By China (Aug 02)
- China Urges Halt To Oil Drilling In Disputed South China Sea (Jul 25)
Company: MODEC International more info
- Shell Extends MODEC's Contract for FPSO Fluminense to December 2020 (Sep 02)
- Keppel's BrasFELS Completes Project for MODEC's FPSO (Jun 29)
- McDermott Joins 14 Other Offshore Firms to Establish Industry Standards (May 19)