Aker Kvaerner Wins Frigstad Contract
Frigstad Discoverer Invest Ltd has awarded Aker Kvaerner a contract for the delivery of Clip Connector Marine Drilling Risers. The total contract value for Aker Kvaerner is approximately USD44 million.
The order is for the delivery of one off 3,000-meter Clip Connector Marine Drilling Riser, with an option for additional length. This will be Aker Kvaerner Subsea's first marine drilling riser contract in the Asian market. The contract includes the purchase and installation of buoyancy elements to the riser.
The contract will be executed out of Aker Kvaerner's office at Lysaker, Norway. The riser will be fabricated in Aker Kvaerner's new plant for assembly and testing of marine drilling risers in Port Klang, Malaysia.
The project will start up immediately and is scheduled to be completed in January 2009.
- Kvaerner Sees Rising Revenues, Better Margins in 4Q (Feb 14)
- Reliance Fires Up Gas Production from India's KG-D6 Block (Apr 02)
- Sonardyne Snags Life-of-Field Contract for Petrobras' Cascade, Chinook (Feb 18)
Company: Frigstad more info
Manages 1 Offshore Rigs
- China's CPOE Inks Deal for Newbuild Semisub Frigstad Shekou (Aug 18)
- CIMC Raffles to Deliver Semisub Frigstad Kristiansand in 2Q 2017 (Apr 01)
- CIMC Raffles Completes Mating Ops for Frigstad's UDW Semisub at Yantai (Jun 25)