Aker Yards to build large Construction Vessel for DOF
Aker Yards has signed a contract with DOF ASA, through its subsidiary DOFCON ASA, for the building of a large construction vessel. The value of the contract is approximately NOK 720 million.
The vessel will be built by Aker Yards in Brazil, with planned delivery May 2009. This large construction vessel is an Aker Yards design, called Aker OSCV 06 and is the fourth vessel of this design under construction to DOF. The vessel is 138 meters long and will be equipped with a 250 tons offshore crane. It will have DP Class 3.
Mr. Roy Reite, responsible for the Offshore & Specialized Vessels business area in Aker Yards states in a comment:
"This contract confirms our long and good relationship with DOF. In our order book we now have thirteen vessels to be delivered to this innovative and dynamic owner."
- STX Europe Refinances Revolving Credit Facility (Nov 06)
- Aker Yards Swaps Name for STX to Focus on International Market (Nov 03)
- Wartsila to Supply Propulsion Equipment for 5 Offshore Vessels (Nov 03)
Company: DOF more info
- Norway's $24B Fund Seeing End To Losses In Oil Services (Aug 17)
- DOF Subsea Bags IRM Contract for Shell Australia's Prelude FLNG Facility (Aug 01)
- DOF Rederi Secures North Sea Services Contracts with Nexen, Maersk (Apr 12)