BJ Services Wins Key Contract in Libya from Oxy
BJ Tubular Services has been awarded a contract by OXY Libya LLC to provide casing and tubing running services, as well as float equipment, centralisers and thread compounds. BJ Tubular Services will support 27 exploration wells currently scheduled for drilling on OXY Libya's concessions in the Sirte, Murzuq and Cyrenaica regions.
BJ Tubular Services will commence operations in September 2006. Initial plans involve using two drilling rigs, and services will be carried out during the following 27 months. The two-year multi-million dollar contract features a one-year option to renew.
All related services provided by BJ Tubular Services will be delivered by dedicated personnel using state-of-the-art equipment based at the division's facilities in Tripoli, Libya. To carry out casing and tubing running services, the crews will use BJ's specialist Fill and Circulate Tool that provides safe, effective fill-up of the casing string while running in hole.
Over time, BJ Tubular Services has worked on behalf of Occidental Petroleum in other oil-producing regions in the Middle East, including a three-year contract for Occidental Petroleum Qatar Ltd to provide casing and tubing running services for the company in the Idd El Shargi field. "Bearing in mind that Libya plays a considerable role in Occidental's global production, we are dedicated to bringing all our experience and technology to bear on making this operation a success for them in Libya," said Kenny Watt, division manager of BJ Tubular Services.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Buyers Eye Sinopec's Argentina Oil Assets in Sale Worth Up to $1B - Sources (Oct 09)
- Occidental Petroleum's Profit Beats As Prices For Chemicals Jump (Aug 02)
- Hess To Sell Permian EOR Assets To Occidental For $600 Million (Jun 19)
Company: BJ Services Company more info
- Baker Hughes Closes BJ Services Acquisition (Apr 29)
- Baker Hughes, BJ Services Reach Final Agreement with DOJ (Apr 27)
- BJ Services Gets to Work on Casablanca Platform (Apr 09)