Eni Renews Contract with Saipem 10000 Drillship
Saipem has been awarded a contract with Eni for the Saipem 10000 drillship that is valued in excess of US $390 million.
Eni will use Saipem 10000 to perform worldwide drilling operations from the third quarter of 2009. The contract lasts 3 years and includes the 18-month extension that Eni has decided to exercise as part of the previous charter contract. The rig is currently working for Total offshore Angola.
Saipem 10000 is a state-of-the-art ultra deepwater drillship, capable of operating in water depths up to 3,000 meters in full dynamic positioning and drilling to depths of up to 10,000 meters.
Saipem (43% owned by Eni) is a leader in the provision of Engineering, Procurement, Project Management and Construction services for the Oil & Gas Industry, with unique capabilities in designing and executing large scale offshore and onshore projects. Saipem has a strong bias for operating in deepwater and remote areas. It has significant technological competence in gas monetization and heavy oil exploration.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Eni Looks To Strengthen Ties With Rosneft, Maybe In LNG (Oct 19)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Eni Inks Cooperation Deal With China's CNPC (Sep 13)
Company: Saipem more info
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Ifax: Saipem To Conduct Feasibility Study On Rosneft Chemical Plant (Sep 15)
- Saipem to Build Pipelines for Kuwait Refinery Project (Aug 16)
- Saipem Warns On Profits After Falling To 2Q Loss (Jul 25)