Statoil Signs Letter of Intent for Reeled Pipe Installation
Statoil has signed a letter of intent with a consortium consisting of Technip Offshore Norge AS and Subsea 7 Norway NUF for reeled pipe installation services on the Norwegian continental shelf.
The letter of intent relates to a 2-year framework contract for reeled pipe installation services. The value of the contract is estimated at NOK1.6 billion (US$253 million), provided that the project commitments as per contract award are sanctioned. Work at a value of NOK300 million (US$47.4 million) has so far been approved on the Åsgard field in the Norwegian Sea.
“The flowlines are fabricated onshore, welded together, and spooled onto a vessel-mounted reel,” said Ove Grunde Eikeland, Statoil’s commercial coordinator for technology and projects. “This method is time- and cost-effective during the installation of up to 16-inch pipelines on the seabed.”
. The contract covers project management, engineering, fabrication, and installation of reeled pipe applications for 2007 and 2008.
The consortium is based on a 50/50 split between Subsea 7 and Technip Offshore Norge.
The management and engineering work will be performed both at Technip’s offices in Stabekk outside Oslo and Subsea 7’s offices in Stavanger. The fabrication of flowlines will take place at the spool bases in Orkanger in Mid-Norway (Technip) and at Gaupne in Mid-Norway (Subsea 7).
The main vessels to be used under the contract are Technip’s Apache and Subsea 7’s Skandi Navica. In addition several construction vessels will be utilized for offshore installation activities on the Åsgard field.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)
Company: Subsea 7 more info
- Subsea 7 Shares Surge On Special Dividend, Q4 Earnings Beat (Mar 02)
- Subsea 7 Takes Delivery of New Vessels (Feb 02)
- Report: Oil, Gas Companies in Aberdeen Face Tax 'Bombshell' (Dec 19)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)