MODEC Awarded FSO for Rang Dong Field, Offshore Vietnam
MODEC, Inc. reported Friday that it has signed a contract with Japan Vietnam Petroleum Co., Ltd. (JVPC), which is a group company of Nippon Oil Corp., for the supply and operation of a floating storage and offloading (FSO) vessel for JVPC's Rang Dong field offshore Vietnam. JVPC is operating in the Rang Dong field jointly with ConocoPhillips (UK) Limited Vietnam and PetroVietnam Exploration and Production Co.
The Rang Dong field is located approximately 135 kilometers southeast of Vung Tau on Block 15-2. The FSO is planned to be installed in approximately 60 meters water depth and is designed to have receiving capacity of 60,000 barrels of oil per day and storage capacity of 350,000 barrels.
MODEC is responsible for the engineering, procurement, construction, installation, commissioning, and operations of the FSO, including the external turret mooring system.
The oil production from the Rang Dong field is expected during the third quarter of 2008. MODEC will own and provide FSO operation services for the Rang Dong field for an initial 9-year period with the option of 1-year extensions for a further 5-years.
MODEC is a turnkey service supplier of floating production, storage, and offloading (FPSO) vessels, FSO vessels, tension leg p,latforms (TLPs) and production semisubmersibles (CPSs) for the offshore oil and gas industry. MODEC currently operates seven FPSOs and one FSO around the world.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- ConocoPhillips Vows Financial Discipline As Aims To Boost Output (Nov 08)
- ConocoPhillips' Profit Beats Estimates, But Budget Cut 10% (Oct 26)
- Most US Gulf Oil Output Offline Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 06)
Company: PetroVietnam more info
- Vietnam Court Sentences to Death PetroVietnam Ex-Chairman in Mass Trial (Sep 29)
- Asia Oil Refinery Delays Favor Producer Case for Extending Output Cuts (May 22)
- Vietnam's Sole Refinery Plans to Sell 5-6 Pct Stake in IPO in Q4 (May 22)
Company: Nippon Oil Exploration more info
- Canadian Oil Sands Halts Syncrude Production After Fire, Prices Spike (Aug 31)
- Tap Updates Zola-1 Drilling in Carnarvon Basin (Dec 22)
- Iraq-Nippon Talks on Nassiriya Oil Field Deadlocked (Mar 01)
Company: MODEC International more info
- Shell Extends MODEC's Contract for FPSO Fluminense to December 2020 (Sep 02)
- Keppel's BrasFELS Completes Project for MODEC's FPSO (Jun 29)
- McDermott Joins 14 Other Offshore Firms to Establish Industry Standards (May 19)