Halong-1X is a Duster for SPC
Singapore Petroleum Co. Limited (SPC) said that the HaLong-1X exploration well (HaLong-1X) in blocks 102 and 106 is being plugged and abandoned. While oil and gas shows were encountered, the drill stem test did not recover any hydrocarbon.
SPC does not expect the dry hole to have any material impact on the earnings per share and the net tangible asset per share of the SPC group of companies for the current financial year.
SPC is a regional oil and gas company with interest in oil and gas exploration and production, refining, terminalling and distribution, marketing, and trading of crude and refined petroleum products. It is an associated company of Keppel Oil & Gas Services Pte Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Keppel Corp. Limited.
SPC, through its wholly owned subsidiary, SPC Vietnam (blocks 102/106) Co. Ltd, holds a 20% participating interest in the blocks.
- Keppel FELS Delivers Floatel Triumph, Upcoming Work at Wheatstone Field (Sep 30)
- Asia Oil, Gas Layoffs Mount as Industry Recovery Stays Elusive (Sep 08)
- Keppel FELS Delivers Jackup UMW Naga 8 to Malaysia's UMW Oil & Gas (Sep 02)
Company: Singapore Petroleum Company more info
- Sampang JV Approves Project to Extend Field Life by 2 Years to 2020 (Sep 22)
- Keppel Completes Divestment of Entire Stake in SPC (Jun 22)
- PetroChina Is Set to Go It Alone (May 26)