Subsea 7 Wins Contract from BP Norge AS
Subsea 7 Inc. said that it has been awarded a contract valued in the region of US$55 million by BP Norge AS for fabrication, installation, and tie-in of two new pipeline systems at the Valhall field. Valhall is located in the Norwegian sector of the North Sea.
Four new 6.5-kilometer pipelines and three riser caissons will be installed in the field at a water depth of approximately 70 meters. Offshore operations are due to take place in 2008.
“We are delighted to have received this award and look forward to providing pipeline installation services to BP Norge at the Valhall field,” said Tor Espedal, Subsea 7’s vice president for Norway. “Engineering work for the contract will commence in 2006 with offshore operations being undertaken in the 2008 installation season.”
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- BP Chairman Svanberg to Retire; Search Starts for Successor (Oct 19)
- BP Midstream Partners Seeks To Raise Up To $893MM In IPO (Oct 16)
- BP, Azerbaijan's SOCAR To Sign Caspian Sea Exploration Deal In 2017 (Oct 12)
Company: Subsea 7 more info
- Subsea 7 Shares Surge On Special Dividend, Q4 Earnings Beat (Mar 02)
- Subsea 7 Takes Delivery of New Vessels (Feb 02)
- Report: Oil, Gas Companies in Aberdeen Face Tax 'Bombshell' (Dec 19)